Thursday, July 31, 2008

Threshold

I never liked the idea of Teal’c being brainwashed that quickly. If the Goa’uld could simply turn someone into a devoted follower, why did they go through such exhaustive torturing techniques in the past? The episode that comes to mind is “The Serpent’s Venom.” Heru’ur’s guy spent days trying to force Teal’c to admit the Goa’uld were gods, but he flipped in a matter of moments this time.

I can excuse that problem, because the flashback scenes were well done. It showed how influential Bra’tac was on the younger Teal’c. It was also interesting to see how Teal’c eventually learned the truth about the Goa’uld.

The best part of the flashbacks had to be Apophis’s chicken outfit. The man had style.

I thought Daniel and Jack were pretty funny. “I thought he said, ‘Valour.’”  Dr. Fraiser was also great in this episode. I love it when she sticks up for her principles.

My Rating: 7/10

No comments: