Monday, July 7, 2008

Maternal Instinct

This was our first encounter with an ascended being. Oma Desala resided in a temple on Kheb, a planet of Jaffa legend. The team traveled there after Bra’tac arrived at the SGC with his wounded apprentice. Apophis had attacked Chulak and was searching for his son. Daniel wanted to rescue the baby before Apophis could get there.

I bet it would be awesome to get stoned with that Asian dude. It has been years since I’ve done anything that naughty, but I’m pretty sure I would be blown away by sayings like, “Because it is so clear, it takes a longer time to realize it. If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.” Ummm… cookie dough ice cream.

My favorite part of this episode was when Daniel started to grow skeptical, so the monk lit the candle to prove it could be done. The monk then said, “Now you blow it out.” Daniel then bent down and blew out the flame. “With your mind.” I love that little laugh.

There is no doubt this episode was an important part of Stargate history. I think you could argue the Atlantis series would not exist without it.

My Rating: 8/10

3 comments:

Crunchymamma said...

Daniel seemed a little annoying to me in this one. I am not sure why.

Hey I am sorry that I fell so ar behind, I have been crazy busy. Mostly watching Farscape, have you watched seen Farscape? I was hesitant about it for because of the muppets, but it's actually a good show. I have a new appreciation for Ben Browder now.

HelloVelo said...

Oddly, Stargate is the only sci-fi show I have ever been interested in. I'm sure there are other good shows out there, but I always feel confused when I try to watch them. (I'm not that smart.)

I'd probably like the shows if I started them from the beginning. Are any others worthwhile?

Crunchymamma said...

I only like Stargate and Farscape so far, I hear Eureka is good, but they are the cause for Stargate ending so I naturally hate them. I also really liked Dark Angel, they had a marathon today. Stargate is definitely my favourite though.