Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tangent

First off, I’m sure you noticed the new header. Isn’t it pretty? I deserve none of the credit. Erica had some free time and made it out of the goodness of her heart. How awesome is that?

__________________________

“You can’t just slap a US Air Force sticker on the side of a death glider and call it yours.”

This episode reminded me of “Solitudes” a little. Jack and Teal’c were stuck on a death glider, and the rest of the team tried everything possible to save them. Luckily, Jacob Carter was close by on a mission for the Tok’ra.

I thought the strength of this episode came from all the different character interactions. I loved the moments between Sam and Jacob. His little rant and her outraged response felt like a typical argument between a father and a daughter. Teal’c’s speech and Jack’s subtle humor perfectly fit the situation. I also like the desperation of General Hammond and Major Davis.

To me, this episode showed that Earth could rival the Goa’uld one day. They still had a lot to learn, and they were playing with technology they didn’t understand. However, it’s that sense of adventure that makes the show so much fun.

Bonus point for Daniel’s Wizard of Oz reference.

My Rating: 8/10

2 comments:

Aabye said...

Nice banner, brighten ups the place. (Though I'm not much of a Mitchell fan)

Once again we have our hands on valuable tech...and it slips through our fingers. Well, I guess that was what prevented it from becoming a "Star Trek" rip-off.

Crunchymamma said...

This episode was kind of boring to me...