Sunday, July 6, 2008

Shades of Grey

“Come to retrieve your vastly superior stuff? You know, it’d be a lot more superior if it wasn’t so easy to steal.”

Jack was so out of character that it became obvious something was going on. However, the plot twists made this episode fun. I certainly didn’t think Colonel Makepeace was involved with Maybourne. He always came across as a loyal, by-the-book guy up to that point. I guess that shows why the NID was so powerful.

I loved the moments between Jack and Daniel. Yeah, they do have some differences of opinion, but they also have a special bond. It was great to hear Jack’s mumbled apology at the end. You know it killed him to act like the bad guy for that long. 

I thought Sam’s reactions in this episode were great, too. She seemed shocked and disappointed to see Jack like that. It was like she lost her hero.

This episode was probably best summed up by Jack’s line, “We don’t need their stuff, Makepeace. But we do need them.” The Tollan were surprisingly tolerable this time, and it’s always nice for the Asgard to make a cameo. 

Bonus point for Jack reading MAD Magazine while listening to an opera.

My Rating: 8/10

2 comments:

Aabye said...

Haha, saw I got a shout-out in "Jolinar's Memories"!

I really like this episode, because even though you know Jack is up to something, you still have to figure out what exactly. And the end scene when the rest of the team admits they drew straws is so funny. By the way, the opera Jack was listening to was the appropriately titled "Vesti la Giubba" or "Put on the Costume".

Crunchymamma said...

I did like this episode. I agree that it was easy to figure out. Jacl was SO out of character that it was beyond obvious that something was up.