Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Light

I just turned my lava lamp on in honor of this episode.

The idea of the Goa’uld going to a palace and getting stoned makes me laugh. I can almost imagine Apophis, Hathor, and Yu eating Oreos in between bong hits. I bet they even watched a VHS copy of Reality Bites. Now that I think about it, Ethan Hawke would make a great Goa’uld. Umm… where was I?

Oh yeah, this was pretty episode. I thought the set was gorgeous, and the light effect had a trippy vibe. The kid was a little annoying, though. It seemed like Dr. Fraiser might have been able to give the team a pill to regulate their dopamine levels, but they deserved a vacation. As someone from Florida, I have to disagree with one thing. That beach did not look very nice.

Looking back, not much happened in this episode. Daniel basically died for a moment, but he always does that. I liked the argument between Sam and Jack. A few red shirts ate it. Am I missing anything else?

My Rating: 5/10

No comments: