Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pretense

I don’t like episodes that revolve around a trial. Luckily, there was enough going on outside the courtroom to keep the show interesting. The Tollan were still arrogant, Lya had twigs in her hair, and the space battles were pretty.

Lord Zipacna was a textbook Goa’uld. He was boastful, manipulative, and stunningly dressed. Check out that earring. The Goa’uld were the original metrosexuals.

I’m glad the Tollan got rid of their silver jumpsuits. They built a stargate on their new homeworld, but Jack had to point out, “Ours is bigger.” They also had a number of space guns, a nifty vest that could separate a host from a Goa’uld, and the ability to make Jack grumpy.

It wasn’t really shown, but I wonder if Sam got her cat back. I’m glad she rejected Narim this time. He just doesn’t do it for me.

Sam was right when she said Lya drew a fine line by hiding the ion cannon. I’m not sure her actions fit the Nox way. It also seemed pretty obvious that she would side for Skaara. 

My Rating: 7/10

2 comments:

Crunchymamma said...

This episode really didn't do much for me. I was happy to see Skaara, but other than that I didn't really like it.

Ulkesh said...

I absolutely loved this episode. It would have been even better if Skaara saluted Jack at the end.