Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Demons

I’m back. There was some unfortunate news for Stargate fans while I was away. Don S. Davis, the actor who played General Hammond, passed away. He was 65 years old.

__________________________

Onto the review…

The guy who wore a leather beanie in “Cor-ai” showed up again. Apparently, he is only allowed to appear in boring episodes that feature infuriatingly ignorant villagers. I was happy they killed the Canon.

My biggest complaint about this episode was how the ring wasn’t discussed more. How did the villagers get it? Where did it come from? Why didn’t they use it against the Unas? The explanation of how the villagers were Christians was pretty weak, too.

We learned there were more than one Unas. Sadly, they all don’t speak like James Earl Jones. We also learned that Teal’c can hold his breath for a really long time.

Bonus point for the Dr. Evil impersonation and Sam’s reaction.

My Rating: 3/10

2 comments:

Aabye said...

Very sad to hear about Don S. Davis.

Huh, I didn't know that Christopher Judge played the voice of the Unas, but according to GateWorld he did.

HelloVelo said...

I noticed that Chris was listed in the credits, but I wouldn't have guessed it was him.