Friday, July 4, 2008

Past and Present

I really liked this episode. It continued the story from “Prisoners” and allowed Daniel to grow a little bit more. Looking back, I feel like Season Three was when Daniel evolved into a much deeper character. He learned to see both sides of an issue and the moral conflicts within him became stronger.

Does Ke’ra qualify as a foxy space lady? I’m not so sure, but Daniel fell for her, so she makes the list. That hair was a little crazy, though.

The conflicts Ke’ra faced were pretty interesting. It brought to mind the old nature verses nurture debate. Was she predisposed to destructive behavior or was it a result of a traumatic upbringing? Could she ever truly be free of her past? Will she ever regain her memory?

I thought this was one of the more intriguing ideas in the series. It made me think of the Michael story arc from Atlantis, and it’s interesting to compare the two outcomes. Of course, Ke’ra was a willing participant.

I also liked the banter between the unknowingly married couple.

My Rating: 9/10

_______________________

Another Note: I played around with blogger today and started a blog list. See it over there on the right? If you’d like to be added to the list, just leave a comment. Oh, and I set up a picture blog for my father, so you should check that out. 

No comments: