Sunday, June 15, 2008

Touchstone

I love Maybourne. He is an unrepentant weasel who grates on your nerves the whole time he is on screen. Teal’c only needed fifteen seconds to take the first shot at him. “In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you.” 

This episode started after a few members of the NID stole an advanced piece of technology that could control the weather. The Touchstone caused bizarre events on Earth, and its disappearance threatened catastrophe for the Madronanes. SG-1 raced to track down those responsible for the secretive operation before Madrona turned into an ice ball. 

The team recovered the Touchstone, but questions about the NID were unresolved. The blind priest fixed the weather, and his cute niece ditched the robe that covered her skimpy dress. Yes, she qualifies as a foxy space lady. 

I got a chuckle out of SG-1’s arrival at Area 51. I have a feeling the lighting crew called in sick that day, because everyone on the team turned into a talking black blob. The background, however, was bright and clear. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments: