Monday, June 2, 2008

Solitudes

This was a fairly simple but totally enthralling episode. Everything revolved around the interaction between Sam and Jack. They were freezing, desperate, and genuinely emotional. While doing little more than huddling together in a dark cave, they built up a tremendous sense of drama. 

The big plot twist revealed they were stuck in Antarctica, which will eventually lead to even greater storylines in later seasons. Along the way, we saw Teal’c and Daniel’s tireless commitment to the rescue effort. And as an added bonus, there was a good deal of Sergeant Siler and the still nameless technician (aka: the chevron guy) in this episode. 

Of course, there were a couple of truly funny moments mixed into the show. Jack’s “It’s my sidearm, I swear,” and Daniel’s misplaced rhetorical question to Teal’c both broke the tension and gave the audience a sense of hope. 

I think everyone has seen this before, but here's the prank they pulled while filming this episode. 

My Rating: 9/10

1 comment:

Mette Kvisten Steinan said...

I'm watching SG-1 on DVDs for the first time, and this episode is my absolute favorite so far. It's really excellent. (I've only at the beginning of season 2 yet).

I also love your Stargate Summer Poject, and enjoy reading your reviews and opinions about episodes.