Monday, June 9, 2008

Message In a Bottle

There seemed to be something missing from this episode. The concept was intriguing, but the execution was poor. In the end, it just seemed melodramatic. 

The team brought an artifact to Earth from a dead planet. After the orb suddenly activated, Jack turned into a glowing, blue shish kabob. He would later become a zombie spokesperson for an alien race. 

Like I said, this wasn’t the best episode. However, it gets a bonus point because Teal’c said, “Boobie.” 

My Rating: 4/10

5 comments:

Aabye said...

The highlight of this episode for me was when Teal'c tells his first joke here. Since Jack is usually the one trying to make light of a situation, I thought that scene, coupled with Sam's persistence, showed how much the team had bonded.

But I would have figured the team had more sense than to just bring this unknown device back to the base. Guess not.

HelloVelo said...

I think you are right about the team aspect of this episode. I liked the way Teal'c stayed by Jack's side the entire time. We got a chance to see beyond Teal'c's stoic nature and saw how much he really cared.

I thought they did a good job debating whether or not to bring the artifact back, so that didn't bother me.

Crunchymamma said...

I don't recall hearing Teal'c say Boobie.... where is this found? teehee!

Raven said...

This is actually one of my favorite episodes. Haha, actually, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite in season two.

HelloVelo said...

The boobie line came from the scene before the opening credits.

Sam: You think it might be a boobie trap?

Teal'c with a raised eyebrow: Boobie?

It makes me laugh every time.