Saturday, June 14, 2008

Spirits

It was neat to see Sam in charge of the team. I liked the little acknowledgement Jack gave her from his hospital bed, and she looked extra cute in this episode. I know it sounds cheesy, but I was proud of her. 

Sam led Daniel and Teal’c on a mission to find SG-11, who went missing while mining a metal called trinium off world. After getting shot with darts, SG-1 woke up and met the natives. One of the locals, Tonane, offered to take the team to meet the spirits. 

The team later discovered the spirits were actually aliens with weird gills on their faces. Daniel was the peacemaker and talked them out of blowing up the SGC. In the end, everyone decided to be friends. 

A few years ago, I saw a great movie called Smoke Signals. Tonane reminded me of Thomas from that film. I think it was the smile. If you can’t find anything to rent during your next trip to Blockbuster, check it out. 

I thought this was a neat episode. However, it was a little heavy-handed at times, and General Hammond seemed out of character when he talked about the secret mining operation. It would have been more believable if a stooge from the Pentagon played the Andrew Jackson role. 

My Rating: 6/10 

1 comment:

Crunchymamma said...

I don't know what it is, but this episode makes me giggle.