Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Point of View

This was another alternate reality episode. In the new reality, Kawalsky was still alive, Jack was dead, and Sam was a civilian widow. Apophis had just conquered the world, so their Kawalsky and Sam used the quantum mirror from “There But For the Grace of God” to visit our team. Got it?

I always feel obligated to discuss hair while reviewing alternate reality episodes. Alternate Sam had a cheap wig, which further proved that helmet hair Carter is the best. Teal’c had a pointy soul patch. I actually said, “Dear God” when I first saw that hideous goatee Apophis was sporting. Yuck. 

The highlights of this episode, in my opinion, all dealt with Sam and Jack’s alternate reality marriage. You could tell alternate Sam was a more in touch with her emotions. She was kissing everyone on the cheek, and she finally got a proper hug.

I wanted to kick our Sam in the butt when she gave Jack a sarcastic answer and walked away after he offered to listen her. Grr… Come on! I wonder what was going through her mind when she watched Jack kiss alternate Sam.

A couple of random notes:

  • I love it when two Sams speak techno babble and argue with each other.
  • I loved the glance between Daniel and Jack after Teal’c killed his alternate.
  • I have included the wedding photo so all the shippers can squeeeee.

My Rating: 9/10

5 comments:

Raven said...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

There, I'm better. Thanks for that.

Crunchymamma said...

I am really more of a Daniel/Sam fan...

HelloVelo said...

I always thought Daniel and Sam were more like a brother and sister. But I liked Daniel and Vala.

Crunchymamma said...

I am a Vala/Tomin fan!

HelloVelo said...

People like Tomin? Who knew?