Saturday, May 31, 2008

Singularity

I know it makes me a heartless bastard, but I laughed when Sam kicked the elevator and started weeping. There might be something wrong with me. 

This episode revolved around Cassandra, a young girl with a bomb in her chest. She was brought to Earth after a Goa’uld named Nirrti killed everyone on her planet. Nirrti secretly planted the bomb hoping the girl could destroy Earth’s stargate. Luckily, the nefarious plot was discovered before Cassandra went kaboom. 

Along the way, Cassandra formed a strong bond with Sam. I think this was the first time we really saw Sam’s softer side. She has to be the most huggable character in television history. Even her stick figures are cute. 

This episode is also responsible for countless theories about a relationship between Sam and Dr. Fraiser. I don’t see it, but whatever floats your boat… 

My Rating: 6/10

No comments: