Sunday, May 18, 2008

Emancipation

This is one of the most hated episodes of Stargate SG-1 ever made. Oddly, I don’t think it’s that bad. Yeah, Abu is fairly annoying, and some of the dialogue is downright laughable (“Rancid Yak Butter”), but I thought it had some redeemable elements.

As you probably realized while reading this blog, I like snarky, smartass comments. Jack has plenty of them in this episode. You could almost see him biting his tongue the whole time Sam was in that snazzy, blue dress.

This episode also featured a lot of Angry Sam. I happen to think an angry Sam is a foxy Sam. Her death stare endearingly reminded me of a former lady friend. I would receive that glare several times a week back in the good ol’ days. How could I have finished the ice cream without telling her? 

Ah, the silent treatment. 

My Rating: 4/10

No comments: