Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Fifth Man

Yes, I suck. Sorry for the long delay. I’ve been a little distracted. I appreciate the people who sent messages urging me to post more.

The Excuse: I am starting a tiny, itty-bitty record label with the few spare dollars I have. I wanted to get the website up and running before I got super busy again. This was a problem, because I barely know how to turn on a computer. Me = the dumb. After futzing around with the page for a very long time, I finally made a template the looks kinda jazzy and meets a few web standards.

You can see it here: Hello Velo Records. Bonus points for anyone who is an interweb wizard and wants to give me advice/tips/tell that I don’t suck.

________________________

This episode is going to be tough to review, because not much really happened. The writers basically stated in dialogue that we would never see Reole again. Colonel Simmons was up to no good, and Hammond got grumpy. Dr. Fraiser saved the day by breaking some rules.

I thought the Tyler character was neat. The premise about him creating a false memory seemed like a stretch, though. I can see why his people hide their identities. They are not an attractive race. At least Jack found a fishing buddy.

It happens in a lot of episodes, but it always annoys me when the team gets put in a holding cell. With all the crazy stuff that goes on, you’d think that SG-1 would get the benefit of the doubt. I also thought Hammond would have made a better effort to find Jack.

Overall, a forgettable episode, but it’s good to be back.

Rating: 5/10

1 comment:

Crunchymamma said...

Well that is pretty exciting, starting your own record company. I am guessing it costs a little more than a couple dollars! :) None of the links at the top of the page work. I don't know if that's just because there is no content there, but I thought you should know.

We seem to have opposite tastes in episodes I always like the ones you are not so fond of. I really like this one!