Friday, August 22, 2008

Between Two Fires

The Tollan sold us out. They always had an arrogant demeanor, but they showed their true colors as soon as they got in trouble. In the end, the Tollan were just hi-tech turncoats in ugly jumpsuits.

This episode further enforced my belief that Sam sucks at dating. Apparently she has a thing for creepy stalkers. Narim reproduced her voice, enabling his home computer to talk dirty to him respond to his requests as if it were Sam. That’s not cute. That’s just weird.

Tanith showed up to announce he was now working in the service of a mystery Goa’uld. This made Teal’c very happy. He then ordered the Tollan to send a bomb to Earth.

Luckily, Sam’s stalker blew up all the super bombs before the Tollan had a chance to consider the task. SG-1 fled through the stargate after the Goa’uld started their attack. The Tollan were, presumably, killed while trying to flee in spaceships.

Rating: 9/10

_________________________

On an unrelated note: After years of resistance, I finally created a facebook page. If anyone wants to become my internet friend, you can send me a message here

4 comments:

Aabye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aabye said...

Well, summer is over and you got about halfway through. Are you going to try again next year?

Chad Bowers said...

Just thought I would drop by and let you know, you've done a great job...it inspired me to do a similar one for X-Files. http://retrochad.blogspot.com/
And in the future, I plan on doing other sci-fi series including Stargate. Good work...and keep going, so what if the summer is pretty much done.

Michael Davey said...

Are you ever going to finish this up?

Every once and a while I like to dust off my dvd's and watch the series again.

Well, technically, I've copied them all over to my hard drive and I stream them to my network. I can watch them in every room of my house with my netbook, PS3, or other computers.

The series stand up very well over time. I'm not sure if I like SG1 or Atlantis better. Both series got better over time, both writing and special effects.

A good place to go for some stargate trivia and insights is Joseph Mezzolli's blog:
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Joseph was a writer for the series.